Fashions on the Foreshore
No race day would be complete without the opportunity to frolic in your finest and celebrate sensational style. This year fashion is a focus on Palm Beach with punters asked to frock up in Resort Racewear attire. Think nautical or tropical seaside vacation with a sophisticated vibe and visit our style guide below for more details and inspiration.
FASHIONS ON THE FORESHORE
By Rockingham Centre, Presented by the Races WA
The popular Fashions on the Foreshore by Rockingham Centre returns in 2019, this year brought to you by The Races WA. Over $5,000 in prizes will be on offer to those crowned best-dressed, runner-up best dressed and second runner up at our seaside soiree.
FASHIONS ON THE FORESHORE SCHEDULE
- 12.10pm - Registration open (30 minutes before race one). Registration desks will be located at the entrance to the beach marquees and between the stage and first aid tent in the community festival. See our event map for details.
- 1.10pm - Registrations close (just prior to race two).
- 1.25pm - Women’s FOTF parade and announcement of top 10
- 2.00pm - Men’s FOTF parade and announcement of top 10
- 3.05pm - Announcement of women’s and men’s winner, runner-up and second runner-up and parade in the Palm Beach Club and VIP marquees.
Fashions on The Foreshore will be judged on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness of outfit for the particular event (e.g. climate/weather);
- Appropriateness of outfits for Fashions on the Foreshore (e.g. appropriate length skirt, no excessive exposure of skin);
- Style and originality;
- Attention to detail (e.g. millinery, clutch, jewellery);
- Understanding and interpretation of the current fashion trends;
- Grooming and deportment.
Half the fun of going to the races is deciding what to wear. Spring Racing has a strong tradition of dressing elegantly and at the Rockingham Beach Cup we want you to be completely comfortable to enjoy our amazing seaside location, while being sun smart and feeling fabulous. Here are a few tips and pics to inspire your inner fashionista.
From gigantic floppy hats to popping colour and floaty breathable fabrics, resort wear is all about sunny-day style that evokes ideas of travel to exotic, coastal locations. For our theme of resort racewear, think along the same lines but with a sophisticated twist. Stylishly relaxed some might say.
Gentlemen should plan to wear dressier shorts or pants with a polo or collared shirt. Linen or cotton fabrics are a great choice to keep you comfortable if it’s a scorcher. A linen blazer is a nice touch if weather permits, and why not have a bit of fun with a pocket square or bowtie. Moccasins, boat shoes or a dressy sandal rounds out your outfit.
Likewise, women should plan to wear something breezy, such as a summer dress or blouse with pants or skirt. Have fun with colour, vibrant patterns and stylish headwear. As you’ll be in the sand we recommend appropriate footwear, a nice sandal is a good option.
No flip flops please and remember to slip slop slap.
Enjoy front row fashion this year as local designers showcase their Spring/Summer 19/20 collections. Details will be announced closer to the event.